- You Save
Choose Between Two Options
- C$12 forC$20 worth of food and drink for dine-in or takeout
- C$17 for a half-dozen empanadas and one sauce for dine-in or takeout (C$29.50 value)
- Promotional value expires 150 days after purchase.
- Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person.
- Limit 1 per visit. Limit 1 per party.
- Valid only for option purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
At award-winning Empanada Queen, Katherine Vallejos focuses on perfecting the many varieties of empanada, filling baked or fried dough shells with mouthwatering beef, chicken, and cheese. This dedication has propelled her creations onto Avenue’s list of 25 Best Things to Eat in Calgary. Vallejos’s eatery seasons the meats with medleys of eggs and olives, as well as turning out vegetarian varieties stuffed with mozzarella or spinach. Though these empanadas soak up most of the limelight like a traveling family band, other creations do earn space on the menu. Sirloin pairs with avocado or a sunny-side-up egg, and helpings of puréed corn, chorizo, and freshly cut fries pile onto plates.